Sunday 27 November 2016

Viaduct Fishery Silvers League Rd5, (Cambell Cary & Lodge Lakes).

I was looking forward to today, With good overcast weather & little wind it seemed a lot cooler than yesterday & with everybody fishing for silvers again today I felt some areas would be very hard? Just stopping for a Costa Coffee on route I arrived in plenty of time to mix some G/Bait with Gabo who kindly lent me his drill again' Which managed to last after he dropped it in his bucket of water! Not to far from the front & all the talk was of Nigel catching 30lb off Cambell 118 yesterday on prawns" This just so happened to be the peg I had in the last round & I didn't have any then but just encase I had some today should I draw this lake'. Into the draw & yep you couldn't write it, (Owe I Can) 118 Cambell!" Total confident this time around, I had the banker prawns in tow & nothing could be simpler...

Normal wire wonder rigs of 4x12 to fish on the deck at 13 & 14mts on 0.11-0.09, one with an 18 63-13 hook, The other with an 18 F1 maggot hook, I had a line in-front of me at 14mts, Another off toward the empty peg 117 & a swim at 13mts slightly to my right at 13mts, the only other rig I set up was my banker prawn rig at 9mts where Nigel did well yesterday 0.2g rig straight through to an 16 F1 pellet hook. For company I had Craig (Trig) Edmonds who's been flying' this year on peg 116 but he was in the other section & Gary Webber who wasn't to keen on peg 119 who was in my section with the rest of it opposite as normal. I couldn't bring myself to rely on the banker prawn swim so on the all in fed the three long lines, The 14mt line left with a ball of G/bait with chopped worm & dead reds at 14mts off to my left, fed 4 balls at 14mts with just a few casters & dead reds at 14mts in-front of me, & one ball with dead pinkie's at 13mts. I fed some chopped prawns, casters, & dead red maggot at 9mts where I began the day with my banker segment of prawn. I gave it twenty minutes as did trig, Nothing.. Which Gary was delighted with as he didn't have any prawns'. Onto my 13mt line with double pinkie on the hook saw me take a 10oz skimmer straight off followed by another 8oz fish a few minutes later, No more bites so I had a quick look with a segment of worm on the 14mt line off to the left. I gave it 10mins but with no early signs and around 45mins of the match gone it was onto the other 14mt line with dead red maggot on the hook, Again I had a couple of 8-12oz skimmers straight off then nothing after BUMPING" ( Sorry Mr Rixon") Another, I chose not to feed again as I just had that feeling I was going to hook something else, I was right as ten minutes later I hooked a better fish which turned out to be a 2lb Tench, Oddly enough I had a very similar sized fish last match off the same line around the same time" with around 90mins gone I had around 4-5lb in the net so quite a good start. 

Trig had netted a couple of small skimmers & Gary had only managed few small roach, The next 45mins were a bit of a disaster as I lost two skimmers shipping back as the sections I broke down on became stuck together" I collared Steve who was waking around shortly after & we managed to free them so hopefully know more problems.

Just as I thought it would be a case off picking a few fish off each line I seemed to have the same pattern as the last match, They F****D off" I struggled for the odd small roach for a while then out off the blue after a another hour or so I had a 2lb flying skimmer which I safely got in but it was a flash in the pan as nothing followed. Gary was still struggling & Trig had managed to snare a few net skimmers but was now finding it hard to get bites. I was hoping the prawn' line would produce, Trying it on he odd occasion through the day, even spending the last 5mins on it but still nothing. I managed a couple more 10oz skimmers off the long lines on different baits in the last 90mins but bites were very hard to come by, I did expect a few late fish but we finished 30mins earlier than the last match due to the light so perhaps that made a difference, I did manage two skimmers on the 14mt line in-front of me soon after I fed some casters over the top with the catty & thought I had it sussed at one stage but it didn't last, The worm" line off to my left gave me two small roach all day & I never had bite on the prawn" Word on the bank was the lakes had fished a lot harder today & I didn't really expect the prawn to work but cant say I didn't try", I did try caster over the top on the hook but again just small roach. When the scales arrived Rob eagle was winning the section with 15lb odd & 11lb was second, I thought I had around 6-7lb & ended up with 8lb 12oz which was surprizing, finishing 3rd in the section by 1oz" It means after dropping the 4pts from the last match off the same peg' with one round to go I'm sitting on joint 2nd with five others on 7pts but with a lower weight count-back, Matt tomes is still leading the way with 6pts but All to play for in the last match. Winner on the day again was last years overall winner Sam Powell on peg 59 of Lodge Lake with 19lb of skimmers at 14mts on the pole & Maggot ahead of Glen Calvert on Cambell 115 with 16lb odd including a bonus Tench. I really though after a good start I was going to have a better day but it didn't happen but it could of been a worse result points wise, Cant go without saying in the draw Gabo was just before me & started dancing when he thought he was on peg 99 Cary which won the last round. Nope" he had the ticket upside down & was on 66 Lodge Lake, Lmao'. Nice to have a bit of banter as were not here for ever lol. Back in two weeks for the final round & just hoping for a draw with half a shout of claming a place in the top 6 for a final overall payout. Birthday this Friday, Fourty-six, Don't know where the years have gone but still enjoying the days competing on the bank & long may it continue.

Full Results -

1st Sam Powell (Preston Innovations) peg 59 Lodge, 19lb 4oz.

2nd Glen Calvert (Maver) peg 115 Cambell, 16lb 12oz.

3rd Des Shipp (Prestion Innovations) peg 68 Lodge (Flyer") 15lb 13oz.

4th Rod Eagle (Viaduct) peg 124 Cambell, 15lb 9oz.

5th Stu White (Viaduct) peg 86 Cary, 15lb 3oz.

6th Dick Bull (Sensas) peg 100 Cary, 14lb 14oz.

 
 

                  

1 comment:

  1. What does Steve think about you bumming his skimmers then lmfao

    ReplyDelete