Saturday 26 November 2016

Viaduct Fishery Saturday Open, (Cambell Lake).

Not going to make this a long blog as a lower turnout of only eight booked in today, Steve gave us all a bit of room but looking at the lake there still seemed to be a lot of fish holding up at the bottom of the lake from peg 110 across to 131 on the opposite bank, Into the draw & I found myself on peg 129 next to the spit which I still fancied to produce a few fish hopefully.

I set up the normal bomb & waggler rods to start with along with one pole rig to fish at 16mts to the left & 14mts off to the right as well as a swim off the end of the spit & planned to fish meat on each, I started the day at 14mts on the pole just potting in a few cubes to start with to try & find some early fish, It wasn't to be & after 20mins I was on the waggler at half depth with maggot on the hook, another 30mins without a sign & it seemed Steve Denmead opposite on 112 wasn't having any luck on the carp side of thing either, Lee Davison on end peg 131 had taken a few early carp casting across to the end bank on the bomb & peg 114 had some early fish. After an hour things were proving a bit awkward with the waggler as the north easterly breeze was pushing the float back towards me so I had a try on the bomb with punched meat, I had my first fish after another 15mins around 7lb by casting towards the aerator but nothing followed, I had notice there was a hoard of fish blowing under the surface straight in-front of lee & they didn't seem keen on moving" He noticed when a few broke the surface & soon switched to casting on top of them, He didn't look back from then on taking odd fish on the bomb up until the final whistle in between the liners he was getting every chuck, Its amazing you can be casting 20ft from him & I didn't have as much as a liner" I managed one more on the bomb & going into the last hour I managed a couple of big fish off the 14mts line to my right on meat but didn't have a bite off the end of the spit, I managed a small tench & a skimmer at 16mts but that was it, Lee went on to win the day with 101lb odd & opposite Emma Drysdale on peg 110 who had set out to catch silvers switched to fishing for carp later in the day to finish with 57lb for second ahead of my 40lb odd, Now here's the interesting bit" On Thursday Steve Denmead won the silvers with 29lb off peg 115 fishing prawns" on the hook, This seemed to set a new trend as most today who set about targeting silvers were also planning to try prawns, Did it work? YEP! Nigel Easton took the top weight on the day with 30lb odd of mainly Perch & Tench all on the prawn!" Back here tomorrow for the next round of the silvers league & yep' I made sure I stopped off in Asda on the way home to fetch some PRAWNS!"

Full Result -

1st Lee Davidson (Radstock) peg 131, 101lb.

2nd Emma Drysdale (Prawnheads) peg 110, 57lb.

3rd Dom Sullivan (Maver) peg 129, 40lb.

Silvers -

1st Nigel Easton (Bait-Tech Viaduct) peg 118, 30lb.           

No comments:

Post a Comment