Sunday 3 August 2014

Acorn Evening Series Final Round.

Last in this series of three matches on paddock lake and with 13 fishing I was hoping for a change of area today from being on 15 on the first match and 14 on the last match' with the draw at 1 fishing from 2 till 7 so as expected the margins were going to play a big part later in the day. At the draw and my true run of form continued as yet again I was on peg 14! With end peg 12 being in again as well as some more noted areas I was going to be up against it although as far as the league goes I had to beat Nick Harvey & Mark Walsh to have any chance of winning it so that was my main concern as far as results were going to go.

I felt that I over complicated the swim last week buy trying to much so planed to fish a line tight over to the far bank in 18inches of water where I had trimmed a gap from last week,
 Rig wise I set up a 0.1g Drennan AS1 float on 0.15-0.13 and a size 18 wide gape pellet hook, my other line was going to be tight to the nearside bank where I would plan to fish dead maggot over groundbait which again was about 18inches deep after I had trimmed the over hanging grass of the bank,
 
I had a slightly heavier line being 0.17-0.15 and an 18 PR478, for company I had Steve Bohane on peg 12 and Paul Nichols on peg 16. at the all in I cupped two balls of groundbait down the edge and half a big pot of dead maggots, We were delayed for the start by 30mins due to the monsoon downpour we had whilst taking up" Starting across to the far bank with a 4mm expander on the hook feeding some hard 4mms over the top with some micro pellet  via a cad pot it didn't take long for my first carp of 3lb, The next 45mins went well and I estimated on putting 20lb in the net so a good start, Paul was pinging pellet and trying to catch shallow but was fishless as was Steve on peg 12 so I keep at it although as normal something has to spoil it and the wind had got up making it hard work to hold the rig in place.
After another 90mins I had to give it a rest as it was killing my arms so had a go down my inside with a bunch of maggots on the hook but was getting pestered by small fish so switched to feeding hard 4mm and fished a hard 6mm on the hook, This worked much better and I started to put a few in the net but it wasn't hectic and I was wishing I could of had another swim to my left to drop into but  I couldn't get tight to the bank due to the bulrushes next to me. By now Paul had switched to his two inside swims and began picking fish off each but I had my back to him most off the day so couldn't tell how well he was doing, I spent the rest of the match picking fish of from tight to the nearside bank feeding regularly with had 4mms over the top using around 3 pints in total, At the all out Paul was admitting to 100lb which was around which I expected to have, Steve was first to weigh and started the ball rolling with 56lb, Next up was me ending the day with 119lb odd before Paul was well under on his guessing with his total ending up 154lb which was enough for first place on the day and further around the lake on peg 35 Aide Baker ended up second with 140lb odd, The good news was I had managed to beat Walshy & Nick and with my 3rd place on the day saw it enough to take the 3 match league outright so went home £50 better off.
 Winner Paul Nicholls.
 Some of my fish.
have to give a mention to young Miles Tilly who managed to finish with 66lb beating half the field so he did really good, Well done young man.
 Miles Tilly.
Full results -
1st Paul Nicholls, Maver/Cadbury Angling, peg 16, 154lb 14oz.
2nd Aide Baker, Clevedon A.A, peg 36, 140lb 12oz.
3rd Dom Sullivan, Maver/Cadbury Angling, peg 14, 119lb 10oz.
4th Rich Healey, Clevedon A.A, peg 40, 108lb.
 Series Winner -
Dom Sullivan 2pts.    
 
        

   

No comments:

Post a Comment