Sunday 24 August 2014

Summerhayes Two day Pairs.

After meeting partner Gabrail this morning on route to hilltops for a welcome breakfast we arrived in plenty of time to wander around both lakes before it was time for the draw and your allotted lake? With 14 pairs fishing it would make for a good weekend so draw time was soon around. This is where it got the better of us as firstly we had to draw to decide which lake we were on, Then we had to draw are own number (Or so we thought?) Which believe it or not I managed to draw peg 4 on Sellicks yet again" Wrong! the first draw was to see who was in which section??. So back again for another draw to see which peg I would eventually end up on and it happened to be on the opposite side of the lake peg 21. now we all thought the first 7 peg section would be together followed by the next allocated section of seven,. Nope". My section was myself on 21, Fellow Blogger  Jamie rich on peg 19 a lad on 15 then the rest of are section was spread around the opposite side of the lake!...

To say we were all confused was an understatement but at least we were paired up on different lakes. Gab had drawn one of the longest pegs on long lake being peg 33 but was confident of catching a few fish so all was well. I planned to keep it simple again and had two lines over against the island at different depths of 2 and 3ft where I was to fish soft pellet over micro and one line with meat, Another line was plummed up to fish towards the pallet between Jamie and myself with meat over the same feed in just over 2ft of water. I wont make it a long blog as its based on the two days with each angler fishing both lakes but my plan off attack did work to a certain extent ending the day 4th on the lake and 3rd in my section with 65lb which I was a bit disappointed about as I only needed another 1lb for second. Never the less gabs did well to win his lake with 79lb odd and also having the second best weight on the day along with the top silvers bag with 11lb odd in his total, It just so happened I was also 3rd in the section on the silvers

. So after day one we stand 2nd overall  and 3rd overall In the silvers so all to play for on day two so will give the full result tomoz.


              

No comments:

Post a Comment