Sunday 10 January 2016

Hillview Fishery (Saturday) & Viaduct Fishery (Sunday).

I've decided to combine both my blogs this weekend as to be honest I haven't much to write about as things didn't pan out for me at all!. Saturday saw myself & Louis jones take a trip up the motorway to Hillview fishery in Tewksbury which would be a first visit for the pair of us, We arrived to find 30 odd booked in and the match would be spread over two of the canal lakes as well as the two open lakes Heron & Moorhen. We both fancied drawing the canal lakes but it wasn't to be as I found myself on peg 20 Moorhen & Louis drew peg 2 on the same lake, Arriving at my swim I found myself in the corner of the lake with the increasing wind smack in my face again" I wasn't an option to set up a rod as I was cut off to were I could cast so it was a pole job for me. Plumbing up I had over 6ft of water at 11mts and had nearly 5ft on a short 6mt line, The information we had been given said this lake was mainly a maggot job over maggots & Micros. Not going to bore you with the details of nothing but after 2hrs all I had managed was a small roach & one missed bite' I was having a mare trying to stop the rig towing back at me as well as the fact I could barely see it in the ripple & After seeing the guys at the other end of the lake taking regular carp & F1's I couldn't take anymore suffering & packed up before what looked like a downpoor so very disappointing as normally I stick it out but it was just telling my it wasn't going to happen". Louis did well to win his section with 44lb & the match was won from peg 12 on are lake with 80lb odd with a couple of back up weights of 60lb around him, Not an ideal first visit but to try & battle against the elements again after Thursdays match at Viaduct was just not for me.

With Saturday out of the way I was looking forward to a better day at Viaduct on Sunday, I was travelling on my own again today as Don had family commitments so made my way for a normal Hilltops breakfast only to see him arrive' It turned out the family thing had to be cancelled due to an illness so he decided to have another go after fishing here yesterday. When we got to the fishery we found that their were 17 booked in today and the whole match would be on cambell, I was near the front of the draw as normal but was right peed off to find myself on the same peg as Thursday peg 118" On Thursday nobody turned up to fish 119 but today I had good friend Jonny Page who just so happens to be a nearby neighbour living just down the road from me so at least we would have a laugh'.
 Jonny Page.
 
  This end of the lake has been a bit of a struggle as far as the carp go lately with better weights continually coming from the opposite end & Don Happened to find himself on one of then peg 110 in the corner.

At least today the wind had dropped so I was hoping to catch a few fish on the waggler just tripping the deck with various baits on the hook.
I did set a bomb rod up as well as a pole rig to fish back into the bay towards peg 117. I started the match on the waggler at around 20mts with punched meat on the hook just pinging a few small cubes of meat over the top, I missed a bite after 20mins but that was as far as it went as I just couldn't get an indication, I Tried the bomb with bread maggot corn & Meat on the hook but didn't have so much as a line bite to tell me there were fish present? John was having the same problem & despite taking an early carp on the long pole off the end bank hadn't added anything else. Looking down the lake we could already see the pegs at the opposite end we fancied were netting a few fish so I went for a quick wander to see what was happing after a couple of hours fishless". Don was admitting to 35lb plus & was playing a fish when I arrived as were the pegs on the opposite bank" It wasn't looking good for us & we needed some sort of miracle if we had any chance of catching up? I spent the next couple of hours trying the bomb, Wagg & pole down the edge but couldn't get a bite off any off them, I did hook one carp on the wagg with meat but it came off' I was beginning to think a blank was on the cards & after a downpour of rain I was stood behind my seatbox trying to warm up when I had a bite on the bomb" I did manage to hit it which turned out to be a perch of around 14oz so at least the dreaded blank was avoided! It didn't get any better as that was it for the rest of the match so another very disappointing day for me, Jonny managed to snare a few late carp down the edge to end bank in the last hour to win the section with 22lb but all the weights came from where we expected with Alex Nadin on fancied peg 132 taking top weight with 108lb catching most of his fish in the early stages of the match dobbing bread on the long pole to the end bank or in the open water on the bomb so well done to him, Silvers wise Roland Lucas had a nice day catching 35lb of skimmers on Chopped prawns!" from peg 111. Probably my worst weekend of fishing for some time but it can happen at this time of the year if your not on um theirs nowt you can do" Its the first round of the Viaduct Teams of 5 winter league next Sunday & with the forecast to get very cold this week the fish on this lake could move up but who knows? One things for sure you will need to draw on them as drawing fish from other pegs just doesn't happen at this time of the year' Back to work in the morning so no fishing until at least next Saturday but Ile see what the weathers like before deciding?.

Full Result -

 1st Alex Nadin (Garbolino Blackmoor Vale) peg 132 Cambell, 108lb 14oz.

2nd Richard Aherne (Frenzee S.W) peg 112 Cambell, 105lb 15oz.

3rd Don Sutherland (Maver) peg 110 Cambell, 72lb 3oz.

4th Glen Reynolds (Frenzee S.W) peg 130 Cambell, 58lb 3oz.

Silvers - Roland Lucas (Wiltshire Angling) peg 111 Cambell, 33lb 10oz.
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment