Thursday 28 January 2016

Viaduct Fishery (Thursday Costcutter).

With my job being a bit quiet at this time of the year I decided to take a days holiday with the forecast for a pleasant day, I had my normal warming breky on route before arriving at the fishery, It was pleasing to see 23 booked in meaning Cambell & Lodge lake would be in today, In the draw queue I was chatting to Titch (Corner Peg') Williams & snuck in-front of him to take my turn & ended up on Cambell peg 130, Titch? Yep he didn't disappoint' End peg 132 Cambell next to me in the corner!" I couldn't believe it". This area has been producing a few carp of late although in the last few matches the fish seem to have moved more into the middle of the lake but we still had the chance of catching a few?
 
 Titch in his corner'.
I planned a big fish approach today so first out came the straight lead & waggler rods to fish out into the lake & apart from that all I set up was one pole rig to fish at 16mts in just under 4ft of water being a 4x12 Chanti on 0.13-0.11 & A 18 PR434 hook. I began the match by feeding some corn on the 16mt line & started the match on the bomb & Hair rigged meat, After just a couple of knocks' in the first 20mins I switched to corn on the hair, Ashley Saunders next to me on peg 129 below the spit Had a good start & had already netted two carp,
 Ashley in action".
Approaching the hour mark I was beginning to get a little worried as I was still to catch then at last I hooked & netted a carp around 4lb on the corn, I kept swapping around baits in different areas of the peg but it was another 20mins before I added another of around 8lb. After this fish I stopped getting any signs Altogether so switched to the waggler just tripping the deck, 30mins later & I was still to add anything to the net' On the two hour mark I decided it was time to try the pole line with a single grain of corn on the hook.
I was surprized to see it go under as soon as it settled but missed it" lowering it back in it didn't take long for it to go again & this time the result was a 3lb Bream' nothing followed which I put down to the clarity of the water causing any other fish to spook away so topped it up & had another try on the lead.
I was searching the swim in different areas but still couldn't get a response & with another 30mins gone I tried the pole line again. First dob in & I netted a 2lb skimmer but then couldn't get another bite' so I decided to feed another line off to my right at 17.5mts" All I fed was a small amount of cubed meat with a cad-pot attached & tried a small piece of meat on the hook but again it failed to produce anything. Ash had netted just one more carp & Titch had landed 3 by the halfway mark. I keep having a quick look on the waggler were I had been feeding small amounts of corn via the catty but it just didn't produce bites, I expected the pole lines to produce a few more bigger skimmers later in the day but it just didn't happen, I managed a 2lb tench on the bomb & meat going into the last hour & added another carp around 6lb on the same bait & managed a 1lb plus hybrid on the pole line with 40mins remaining but that's as far as my day went, Ash had a great last couple of hours to add a run of fish to the few he had early in the match so looked to be in with a shout of winning? Titch was first to weigh & put 26lb odd on the scales, I Managed a total of 27lb odd with my four silvers going just short of 9lb & as expected Ash finished up with 66lb odd when he switched to fishing that bit further out, & area the carp seem happy to be at the moment. Back at the results & peg 119 Cambell in the top opposite corner produced the winner with Martin Rodgers winning the day catching along the end bank on the pole to finish with 81lb odd. Silvers went the way off Andy Power from peg 59 on lodge lake catching on the waggler & casters to finish with 20lb odd. I had an enjoyable day but felt the peg wasn't worth to much more than what I managed, A few weeks ago they were catching well at this end but they do seem to have pushed further up the lake now but that's the way it go's. One bit of good news, The results for the Fisho Mania' tickets are out & out of the 6 tickets I applied for I ended up with all of them" I don't know who was more excited me or the wife' As she looked through the list of names bless her" With venues including Woodlands View, Larford, Gold Valley & of course Viaduct, It looks like a fair bit of travelling over the coming months. Back here for the Winter league on Sunday so hoping for a chance to and on a few".
Full results -
1st Martin Rodgers (Andover) peg 119 Cambell, 81lb 10oz.
2nd Chris Davis (Frampton Cotterell) peg 68 Lodge, 74lb 4oz.
3rd Ashley Saunders (Drennan South West) peg 129 Cambell, 66lb 10oz.
4th Rich Kelly (Un-Attached) peg 64 Lodge, 63lb 10oz. 
5th Gary Cotton (What What) peg 128 Cambell, 37lb 9oz.
Dom Sullivan (Maver) peg 130 Cambell, 27lb 10oz.
Silvers
1st Andy Power (Preston Innovations) peg 59 Lodge, 20lb 15oz.
2nd Chris Fox (Un-Attached) peg 126 Cambell, 19lb 2oz.
        
 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment