Saturday 11 June 2016

Chiltern Trinity (Wildmarsh Lake).

It was off to Chitern Trinity today for the second round of Lee Williams Saturday series, I haven't fished this lake for god knows how many years so didn't really no what to expect although I have heard when matches are fished here it can be hard? I picked Lewis up again today & he looked in a worse state than me as I was suffering with a stinking cold or something" but his was due to Alcohol!'.

We had a wander around After breakfast on-route & we noticed that their were a lot of carp blowing from pegs 59-57 so both fancied a draw here? Their were a couple of stand-ins today with some on holiday but still 18 of taking part, I grabbed & early ticket & found myself on peg 63 in the & had Brian (Anteater) Slipper on peg 62 & Welsh lad Alex Nadin on peg 64 as well as my usual side better Nick Harvey on peg 62 so I could keep an eye on him even though I couldn't see him". Owe forgot to mention Lewis, End peg & an empty peg next to him... Same as the first round I believe" say no more Lol.

Their was hardly a ripple on the lake so first up was a duro waggler to fish shallow towards the middle of the lake with hard pellets, A 0.3g pencil float to fish two lines at 14mts which I would feed differently I nearly 7ft of water, the same rig would double up to fish meat at 6mts so finally just a rig to fish in the margin between Brian & myself where I had just over 2ft of water.

I started the day by feeding a good ball of dampend micros & some hard 4mm's at 14mts left & a half a pot of chopped worm & casters to my right, fed a small amount of meat at 6mts & just a couple of cubes down the margin, I started the day on the shallow waggler feeding 6mm's with either a 6 or 8 on the hook but after 20mins & no early signs it was time to try the long pole lines. I started with an expander over the micro pellet line but after 10mins switched to the left hand swim with a piece of worm on the hook, At this point I hadn't seen anything much caught but Paul Nichols had landed a decent carp down on peg 47 from his margin who also had the aid of a empty peg either side'. Finally after 45mins I finally had my first bite being a 3oz rudd". It took me another 30mins to get my next bite over the micros being a 3oz skimmer, Things were looking grim already, Nick was first to get a decent fish being a 3lb plus bream on his long pole line, but it seemed most were struggling, Alex had opted to target some small fish on his top kit & really was the only one putting anything in the net, I was trying between all my lines but it just wasn't happening & after two hours I took a wander up to Lewis to see if he had worked anything out but he hadn't done much better as he had a 12oz skimmer of the feeder first cast but hadn't had a bite since", On my return I decided to try the waggler again but this time I set the rig to full depth with 6mm banded pellet, I couldn't believe it when it shot under as soon as it settled & I promptly missed it!, 5mins later I foul hooked another coming back with a rather large scale" Soon after I was on the phone to the wife when I hooked another which shed the hook straight away' & 15mins later when I went to put my coat on as it began to rain I noticed the float had gone & so was the line so at last I was in' Nope that came off! That was it.... I couldn't get a bite here after, It was Lewis who visited me next with just over two hours to go who also hadn't added to his one fish", Whilst he was here Nick had just connected to his second carp off his long pole line & Sean Partridge was also playing a decent fish so it gave us hope , Back to the long pole lines & I still couldn't get a bite off either line & the short line seemed barren as did my margin line. I tried the waggler shallow & on the deck but this still wouldn't work so after Brian had a carp on his long pole line this is where I would be spending the last 45mins, I tried the worm over the caster worm line again but still couldn't catch here but finally landed a 3lb plus bream over the micro line on an 6mm expander, the next put-in I foul hooked a carp, then bumped a fish soon after so re-fed another small ball with some more 4mm's which gave me another skimmer of 6oz but that was it, Nick had landed another bream & two more carp but two slipped the net at his feet' & Brian had added an eel from his short line & two more carp from his long line one being on the whistle & a decent skimmer & Alex had a mix of small fish off his short line so it didn't set the place on fire" It turned out Nick had enough to win the day with a mere 24lb odd meaning to add insult to injury I had to give, Lend" Him a quid today.. Lewis had finally managed to hook a couple of fish from his long margin landing two & losing one in the last 30mins which gave him 18lb odd to finish 4th on the day", A real struggle for most & not very enjoyable & my 4lb wasn't going to win anything but that's fishing so hoping for a better day tomorrow when I'm on Summerhayes Sellicks Lake.

Full Results -

 1st Nick Harvey (Sensas Thyers) peg 61, 24lb.

2nd Ziggy (Garbolino) peg 51, 18lb 9oz.

3rd Stuart Nadin (Wales) peg 49, 18lb 7oz.

4th Lewis Jones (Drennan Southwest) peg 67, 18lb 4oz.

5th Paul Nichols (Clevedon.A.A) peg 47, 17lb.

6th Brian Slipper (Sensas Thyers) peg 64, 15lb 6oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment