Wednesday 1 June 2016

Monday Open Viaduct Fishery.

 First up I will sorry for the late blogs but had trouble with the Tinternet" Both Lewis & myself fancied another try at Viaduct so after the normal stop off for breakfast we arrived after most for a change, Todays match would be held over Lodge & Cary & I fancied one of the corner peg on lodge would throw up a few fish or the pegs in the 100's on Cary seemed to be holding a few fish with Sundays match being won from peg 109 with over 200lb, We were near the back of the draw queue with only a few left & Lewis ended up on 71 lodge with me on 78 Cary so was quite happy with that.

Arriving at the peg it appeared to me as it might not be as easy as I thought as their were double figure fish on top of each other spawning along the bank & under the pallet". Simple today, A 0.3g pencil float to fish around 14mts off the fallen tree & to use at 6mts , A rig to fish shallow, bomb rod for pellet/meat ect,
An AS4 to fish in a couple of feet from the tree in nearly 2ft of water,
 & finally a loaded waggler to also fish over the bomb, I started the day feeding a small amount of 6mm pellets of the end of the tree, fed some 8mm meat by hand onto the 6mt line, fed just a couple of cubes down the edge towards the tree & started on the bomb with 8mm pellet.

I spent the first 40mins chucking around looking for signs of fish pinging the odd pellet but nothing happened, Enough of that then so it was out on the waggler starting at dead depth with 6mm pellet, A far more enjoyable way of fishing than staring at the tip, Zak Brown on peg 80 had already managed a couple of fish on the long pole against the spit but I was still to catch.
 Zak Brown,
 
I began to feed a few more each cast & in the next twenty minutes lost two foul hookers & one which had a yard or too on me before realising the float had gone". I saw signs of fish coming shallow so switched to a smaller waggler & tried to catch a few shallow.

It still wasn't happening & two hours later I was still to put a fish in the net! it was bright & calm on are bank & all the fish seemed to be content on following each other around without having a munch". Looking around those who I could see on the opposite bank were in the same boat & with just Zak still getting odd fish against the spit.

I decided I had to have a look down the edge & was rewarded with a 10lb fish straight off before losing one under the tree when my attention wandered!", I had to rest it up & although I had tried the long pole line before & not had a sign I had been topping it up with small amounts so had another try but it didn't produce a bite all day" for some reason the fish just didn't seem to want to feed anywhere in open water, Zak Had also tried but failed to catch away from the bank. That was about it as far as any line further out went, I managed 5 more carp out from down the edge on my top4 but it was a case of hit & hold",
& finally one on the meat at 6mts 20mins from the end, It looked as though the lake had fished hard really, Zak won the section in the end with 98lb odd & my 7 fish went 58lb, Further down in the 100's I couldn't see Martin Preston had taken the lakes top weigh with 156lb odd, But had two big fish escape a net when it dropped in" & the guy below him had 111lb odd, Over on lodge their was another 150lb odd & the winner Chris Bolton on peg 64 in the top corner took 160lb, Lewis did well to win the section with 147lb odd down the edge late on pellet. An enjoyable day to the extent of using the waggler with conditions spot on for it just a shame they didn't want to play ball?

Full result -

1st Chris Bolton (Summerhayes) peg 64 Lodge, 160lb 6oz.

2nd Martin Preston (Viaduct) peg 105 Cary, 156lb 20oz,

3rd Lee Moore (Unknown) peg 53 Lodge 153lb 7oz.

4th Lewis Jones (Drennan Thyers) peg 71 Lodge, 147lb 5oz.

Silvers - 1st Nige Bartlett (Viaduct) peg 73 Lodge, 30lb 7oz.
 
 
           

No comments:

Post a Comment