Sunday 5 June 2016

Larford Lakes Fishomania' Qualifier.

Travelling on my own today but again I was looking forward to it having not fished the venue before, I arrived shortly after fellow blogger Lee Williams & His better half (Sorry I didn't get your name') so a quick chat was had over the on-site breakfast which I can say was very pleasant" By draw time I was hovering around the front & the rumours I heard were Arena lake was fancied as it would only have 12 anglers over the 35pegs it holds, I decided to pick the ticket at the bottom of the bucket which turned out to be peg 23 on the Burr Bank of Speci Lake, Before the draw it was announced the yet again there were a number of no shows without informing then meaning their would be some vacant swims for some lucky anglers, Did I have a empty peg either side? Did I heck" what did seem a bit odd as when I went to draw I was sure their weren't as many tickets in their as anglers, The pegs on are bank soon filled up with just one vacant peg along are hole bank yet opposite most anglers had at east one empty peg"
 
 
then 5mins later their the next batch of anglers appeared all drawing on match lake but few & far between" This needs to be assessed as anglers are spending a lot of money in the hope of drawing somewhere with a chance to make the semis but with anglers who don't bother ruin the day for some as the writing is on the wall before you start.

On with the match, The word was it would be a pellet waggler job or the method feeder (Don't fish it so waggler it was then!) & a pole line at 7mts in 8ft of water to fiah 8mm meat over the same feed. The match went like this Started on the bomb, Nothing' Switched to the waggler shallow & had a 4lb bream on 8mm pellet after an hour, Had one bite on the pole line being a carp, All of 5oz!,  had another 2lb skimmer after 3 hours again on the waggler & missed 4 bites on it all day which again I had down to skimmers as I didn't connect with anything" It turned out the breeze had picked up towards us from the start but all the carp seemed to be cruising around, It would of been a good shout to try & mug some but we couldn't see them in the ripple' I started to pack up 15mins from the end as I couldn't punish myself anymore, My three fish would of been enough to beat the guys either side of me but a chap a couple of swims down had landed two carp on the wagg but he did admit one of them he had in the fin" I watched Richie Hull on match lake for a few minutes before the all-out sounded who landed a 8lb plus fish down the edge in the dying minutes but he did have a bit of room"
 
 
Well another year over as far as fisho goes for me as I have to cancel my last ticket to Gold Valley due to a friends wedding but with the way their going I cant say I'm bothered, I had a quick word with Richie on the way back to the van & he thought the guy a couple of swims up from him who also had 3 empty pegs had around 100lb & with word on the bank the Arena pool hadn't fished well he looked favourite to take the spoils but I didn't hang around to find out heading back down the motorway at the first opportunity. Next Saturday I'm at Chiltern Trinity Wildmarsh Lake for the next round of Lee's Saturday Series, Another lake I haven't visited for over 20yrs so it should be intresting?.  
 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment