Sunday 16 April 2017

Avalon Fishery (Teams of Four) Final Round.

I was filling in again today although I'm not quite sure for whom" Lewis Jones offered to pick me up which was handy after a few bevey's yesterday, We stopped off for breakfast in burham which thankfully was ok today, We arrived in plenty of time & I soon got to draw, Peg 6 which thankfully meant the wind which was due to increase was off are backs but just so happened to be the peg I had in the last round I filled in" I caught a few on the bomb & bread that day didn't even had any this time around putting my faith in a total pellet approach, First up I had the bomb rod & waggler rod assembled although I would put most of my faith in the shallow waggler across to the island at 30mts or so. Apart from this I set up a 4x12 F1 pellet float up on 0.15-0.13 & a size 16 F1 pellet hook to fish on the deck in nearly 7ft of water at 14mts & a shallow slapping rig' to fish the same distance off to my right.

For company I had Fishery Owner & Mosella Boss Vic Bush on peg 7 but he was going to concentrate on targeting the lakes silvers, On the all-in I fed three balls of G/Bait at 14mts to my left with micro's & 4mm's added & just fed a few hard 6mms the same distance to my right, Starting on the pellet wagg which I had clipped up before the start to land as close to the island as possible so no issues here then..

Like F**K" First chuck & I Was in the branches of an overhanging tree off the island I hadn't taken into account" & yep I lost the lot! Ok then Ile just chuck the bomb to the island whilst I Re-assemble the wagg, I Hadn't clipped this up before hand as usually I'm not a bad shot, The problem was I had forgot my sun glasses & as I cast it caught me right in the eyes, I was waiting for the plop' but it didn't happen as I had only chucked straight into the island' & yet again Lost the lot..!" Not a bad start to the day then....

I managed to set them both back up quite quickly & was soon back on the wagg, I missed a couple of early indications but it was a slow start, I did manage a carp but by now we were an hour into the match' Vic had netted a few decent skimmers on the long pole but I hadn't seen much being caught, I had a ook over the G/bait with 4mm expander on the hook & did manage two skimmers around 7oz a piece but had to wait for the bites so was soon back on the wagg, I would like to say it was a hectic day but it wasn't, I tried the bomb over to the island a couple of times without so much as a liner, the 14mt line with G/bait didn't produce, I kept pinging a few hard 6mm's to my right which I tried a few times, On the first put-in I pricked' a decent fish but apart from one more bite here later in the day I never took a fish off it, I ended the day with five carp, all taken on the wagg with 8mm pellet as tight to the island as I could get, I did miss a few bites most of which came as soon as the float hit the water & I did lose two but they could of been foul hookers, When the scales arrived 31lb was winning my section, I weighed 29lb odd before Vic managed 32lb of silvers & one carp for 40lb. Back at the results & Luke Pester from corner peg 24 won the day with 116lb ahead of Tom Magnal with 98lb, Vic went on to win the silvers so by default I picked up 2nd place in the section worth £25 so a bonus their' The league was won by the Fu Fighter team so well done to them picking up £300 between then which included the individual winner being Luke Pester so a big well done to him, Sorry again for no pic's as I remembered the camera but not the Sim card & it wouldn't allow me add photos" Off to Shiplate Farm tomorrow on the main lake for there sold out match & I couldn't possibly be on peg 1 for the fifth time in a row.. Could I ??. 

Full Results -

1st Luke Pester (Fu Fighters) peg 24, 116lb.

2nd Tom Magnal (Mosella UK) peg 27, 98lb.

3rd Paul Warton (Thyers) peg 48, 68lb.

Silvers -  1st Vic Bush (Mosella UK) peg 7, 32lb.

Overall Teams

1st Fu Fighters

2nd The Sedges

3rd Thyers.            

No comments:

Post a Comment