Tuesday 4 April 2017

Landsend Fishery Saturday Open (Match Lake).

After having the laptop re-booted hopefully I can get through these blogs without it crashing on me" Saturday saw me take another trip to Landsend fishery, I don't get a chance to go here often but after last weeks match fancied giving it another try, I didn't fancy a full fry-up when I arrived but did manage half of a bacon sarnie' Only 11 of us but at least we would be spread out? Into the draw & out comes peg 22, Arriving at my peg I had Venue expert Rod Wotton on peg 24 in the corner which was my home last week so the pallet between us I would leave to him & planned to fish to peg 21, That was until turned up on it! I wasn't expecting the three of us to be within the four pegs seeing their was only the 11 of us but nowt we could do now.. At least I had the island to concentrate on so set up two rigs, One tight over in 18'inches of water & another slightly off the bank in the deeper water,
I had a rig to fish my top-kit plus two sections in the open water & did have a rig set up to fish towards the pallet between Rod & Myself but kept my side of it a couple of feet.

 You can see Rod Smiling".

 I decided to start short on meat just feeding a few over the top, After 5mins I had a positive bite & thought the fish was foul hooked but when I got it in it wasn't but did go at least 8lb" Good Start! I gave it another 20mins but with just two small roach it was time to try across where I had been feeding a few 6mm's with the catty, I foul hooked two on the trot so went even shallower but that didn't work & after 20mins the fish seemed to have disappeared" I tried further along the bank to my left & off the point but it wasn't happening, Rod had a couple of early carp off the end back & had started to catch the odd silver over his micro's but I hadn't set out for them' I tried off the bank in the deeper water & managed a couple of F1's but that didn't last, It was a hard day for me, I had the odd carp but I just couldn't get them to feed across, I managed some late silvers & a couple of carp short on the meat late but on new fed lines but Matt Tommes on peg 19 had been picking off fish all day & had over 100lb, When the scales got to Matt Russ Pecker was leading the way with 97lb but Matt took the spoils with 114lb so well done to Him, I ended the day with a total of 48lb which wasn't going to get me any coin today but a weight of 64lb made the frame so a few more would of done, I did lose a couple but most were foul hooked I think but then I thought the first fish was" Lol, I expected to much to day before I started & I think my feeding across was a bit to much from the off but this end has been harder than the other end on recent results so who knows, Rod did well making the choice to have a silvers line which perhaps I should of done but I would have a hard job as I didn't take any" As he took 25lb of mainly skimmers as well as 40lb of carp. At least the rain held off & we were out of the wind'
Winner Matt Tommes.

Full Results -

1st Matt Tommes  (Matt Tommes Roofing) Peg 19, 114lb 3oz.

2nd Russ Pecker (Thatchers Tackle) peg 11, 97lb 9oz.

3rd Dereck Beard (The Sedges) peg 17, 73lb 10oz.

Silvers -

Rod Wotton (Clevedon A.A) peg 24, 25lb. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment