Tuesday 28 March 2017

Saturday, Guru Series, Sedges Fishery Tile Lake.

Down to the edges fishery for my seventh day on the trot' This was the first round of this guru backed series with five rounds over tile lake held every other week with the best 4/5 matches to count, With the entry full at 20 anglers their was all to play for & some good prizes as well as decent payouts for the top anglers come the end, I have only ever fished this lake once properly as I cant really count last years top-kit only series to give me a full picture but was looking forward to it, One thing I did notice is the pegs at the near end of the lake seemed consistent backing onto brick lake in the higher numbers. Into the draw & I pulled out peg 38 so happy with this for the first round & was looking forward to the day, The only issue we had in are five peg section was the fact Fishery Owner Jamie Cook had draw the end peg 40 which is good & already had fish crashing with the wind blowing down are end so he looked to be the favourite?

I set up two different bomb rods to fish to the island, one with a bait spike & the other with a pellet band both on hair rigs, A waggler to fish out towards the island but the wind would put pay to how far we could go to start with,
A 4x14 rig to fish at 14mts on the deck in 8ft of water, A shallow rig to fish over the top & finally a 0.1g to fish at 9mts which was just on the edge of the near shelf at around the same depth, I started the day feeding a few hard 6mms at 14mts & cupped in few cubes of meat at 9mts. Starting on the bomb & bread towards the island I dropped around 6ft off to start with not to disturb any fish closer to the island, Paul Holmwood next me started on the feeder I think? but Jamie & James Cooper on the other side of me both started on the method feeder (I Don't Do That Lol")   As expected Jamie went off like a train catching from the start but no early signs for the three of us
, Mike west on the end of are section was first to catch a carp out of us on the pole but finally I had a bite & my first carp pushing 10lb, Two more followed in the first hour but chucking in a few different spots which was good as I had around 24lb at this stage & Paul & James were yet to catch, That was until Paul went on the waggler on the deck towards the middle of the lake & started to put a few fish in the net, James had come off the feeder & was chucking his elasticated bomb set-up shorter of the island & started to get the odd fish, (Well I tell a lie as the first thing he netted was a DUCK"!)

 
OOoooo Ducky"
 
 I had a quick look on the long pole but only took two small skimmers, Back on the bomb I began to feed the odd hard 8mm & pellet switched to fishing 8mm pellet on the hook, Within seconds I had a decent fish on but thought it was a foul-hooker to start with but it turned out to be a big fish & in the gob' Anything over 15lb has to be weighed & returned & oddly enough it weighed 15lb Exactly' Back at it & I had a couple of smaller fish in the next hour but Paul had now over took me & Jamie was still baggin"
I decided to follow suit & try the wagg as Paul was doing well on it, Well lets say I tried' I had a tree right behind me & every time I attempted to cast a rig set 8ft out it was in it..! I did have a couple of chucks by stepping off my peg, casting, then getting back on it but sod that after a couple of attempts as it was all wrong". I tried the shorter meat line & the long pole shallow but nothing on these, All I could really do was chuck the bomb around searching for the odd fish. I was getting the odd one but not as many Paul, Going into the last hour Jamie started to catch well on his bomb set-up but Paul & myself were struggling to add anymore, Swapping between baits didn't get me anymore but I did manage a fish around 8mt on the meat line followed by a skimmer, Before I knew it the match was over, I had Jamie down as the section winner, James second & Paul third, James was first to weigh & took some decent fish later in the match to finish with 132lb odd, I ended the day with 74lb, Paul 94lb & Jamie did win the section & the match with 136lb so it was close but well done to him (What is it with fishery owners winning their own matches" Lol), Fortunate for me they were the top three on the day as other parts of the lake had fished a lot harder so I ended up picking up the section monies of £35' Lack of knowledge on this lake didn't help today, Nor the tree! But looking forward to the next round & Ile be sure to have some extra baits on my try next time as I picked up on a few things after". Well that's the end of my run of 9 days on the trot & picking up in the last eight of them not a bad week by any standards".

Full results -

1st Jamie Cook (The Sedges) peg 40, 136lb 14oz.

2nd James Cooper (Guru) peg 39, 132lb 1oz. 

3rd Paul Holmwood (The Sedges) peg 39, 95lb 2oz.

4th Dave White (Bait-Tech Viaduct) peg 30, 74lb 14oz. 

5th Dom Sullivan (Mosella UK) peg 38, 74lb 4oz.

6th Martin Heard (Tiverton) peg 33, 54lb 13oz.  


No comments:

Post a Comment