Monday 27 March 2017

Landend Fishery (Winter Series) Final Round.

 I do have a couple more trips to write about but thought it best to skip to yesterday,This match wasn't really about me as I was filling in for Team Mate Craig (Trigger Edmunds)  who was taking a trip down to Whiteacres Fishery for the week, The only problem was he was winning this league & although it looked like he had it won on paper already there was a possibility it could be lost, No pressure then!" Lol, I picked Lewis Jones up today before arriving in plenty of time for the fishery breakfast which was more than enough & very nice too' We had a quick wander around as I knew already I would be on Match Lake today, It seemed best to be down the far end of the far side of late so was hoping for a decent draw' I managed to somehow fit in the middle of the queue after purchasing some pellets, Into the tin I took the first one I touched opening it in anticipation' Peg 24... Gutted" Its at the top end of the lake right in the corner which can be hard & to make things worse I had no island to fish too like most others in my section, Just a long inside to 14mts which is then cut off by a tree in the water,
An inside swim towards the next pallet & plenty of open water. Owner Mike Duckett had drew this peg yesterday in the open match & had struggled most of the day but did catch a few late fish down to the next pallet,
The problem was he caught in the last hour but the clocks had gone forward overnight so we wouldn't be fishing at that time & when he told me he went three hours without a bite it didn't really inspire me".

I had a good thing & chatted to a few others before the start to get a picture of how things might go, I opted for a rig to fish shallow along the bank, A rig to fish on the deck right next to the tree in the water at 14mts & a rig to fish in 4ft of water in-front the pallet to my left & this rig would double up to fish in the open water at 8mts, I started the day cupping some meat down in-front the pallet to my left & started by dobbing meat just over a 1ft deep along the inside bank, I had a bite when I got to 13mts but it turned out to be a 4oz roach" I was getting worried until when I went to 14mts hooked my 1st carp after 30mins, All was well until Emma Drysdale on peg 22 said I was bagging" A the fish came off at the net!" Thanks...

Fortunately I had another in the same spot 5minutes later which I got in around 4lb so this had started the ball rolling hopefully'
(I had my bites to the left side of the stump poking out")
 
I did get another of similar size but had to wait a fair while for a bite, At this point I hadn't fed anything along the bank but after an hour & no more bites it was time for a change. I went out on the deep rig next to the tree cad-potting just a couple of cubes of meat over the top with meat on the hook, I was just about to change things when I hooked which I thought was a decent fish until I got it to netting range & saw it hook in the side of the face' Yep, I lost it"...

I came off the deck a few inches but couldn't get a bite, I had another go on the shallow rig tighter to the bank but this had dried up completely, Back to fishing on the deck I upped the feed to half a dozen cubes over the top & sat & waited for bites.
This did work for a couple more of the smaller fish but again it dried up, I then spent the next couple of hours just trying to get a bite, I had a go by the pallet but no early signs & I tried at 14mts where I had been pinging a few 6mm pellets with the catty off the end of the tree in the open in the hope some fish shallow but still nothing, I kept rotating swims but found it hard to get any indications, I managed one more on the deeper rig to the tree but again only around 4lb on meat But couldn't get a bite on hard pellet where I had been pinging a few into the small bay area & it seemed best to feed a couple of cubes on the deep line & wait & wait & wait" I managed one more before 3'oclock & pricked two off under the tree but had put my faith in catching a few late fish.

At this point it was time to try down by the pallet again, I had been in the water about 5mts when it shot under & I had a decent fish on, It turned out to be a mirror around 8lb which was very welcome" I had another go but nothing so fed it again & went back to the shallow rig along the bank for another go. Still no more on this but I did have another on the deck by the tree nearly 6lb, with time running out I put my faith in fishing to the pallet & managed two more better fish in the last 30mins one coming minutes from the end. I finished with 8carp for which I thought would go 38lb odd but didn't know how the rest of the section had fished, The chap on peg 1 had the scales but had tipped back & gone so I did the board with mike on the weigh-in, The lower end of the lake proved the place to be as Gary O'Shea who was Trigger's nearest challenger on peg 18 won the lake & the match with 162lb odd catching most of his fish at 6mts on meat or down his edges so well done to him, Thankfully he wasn't in my section & finally when I was last to weigh my total of 46lb odd was enough to win my section so trig would be happy to win the league & a bonus for me as I meant I picked up £50 in the process" & even better it was a free match today as it had been paid for in the first round'. It was really a case of having faith today & spend the time fish hunting rather than waiting for something to happen, A style of fishing I enjoy so it turned out in a hard section it proved best for me. I will probably have a crack at this league next year as it was well run by Ken Raynor who just so happened to win the silvers pool overall for his efforts. A good day for Trig & Myself & long may it continue". I have two more blogs to write on the two days prior to this which I will add asap.

Full Results -

 1st Gary O'Shea (P.I.Thatchers) peg 18 Match, 162lb 15oz.

 2nd Tony Rixon (Mosella UK) peg 13 Match, 119lb 2oz.

3rd Lewis Jones (Drennan Thyers) peg 27 Speci, 79lb 15oz.

4th Russ Peck (Thatchers Tackle) peg 29 Speci, 77lb 15oz.

5th Steve Hutter (Landsend) peg 34 Speci, 65lb 7oz.

6th Andy Hembrow (Clevedon.A.A) peg 55 Johns, 60lb 12oz.

Overall League -

1st Craig Edmunds (Mosella UK)

2nd Gary O'Shea (Thatchers P.I)

3rd Andy Hembrow (Clevedon A.A)

Silvers -

1st Ken Raynor (Colmic)         

No comments:

Post a Comment