Tuesday 28 March 2017

Summerhayes Fishery Friday (Silvers Only)

Well i dont know how many of you noticed but I spent 4hrs on the lap-top after work yesterday to update the blogs from last week then going onto Sunday match but like a prat (Probably due to fishing Nine days on the trot") I only when & repeated last Weds & Thurs Blogs!!" My Misses saw the funny side of it but I wasn't impressed as I fell into bed nearing 11pm" So lets try again. On Friday I returned to Summerhayes to fish the Friday open silvers only match, Not much of a turn out again but the chance to qualify for a final match later in the year to any winners & the added bonus of the golden peg in to whoever drew it, The match was run on a rover format the same as weds open & I only when & drew ping pong ball No.4 again but an added bonus, It was todays bonus peg!" Being on a roll from the last three days wins I was well up for it'. I had to make the decision as where to go though & thought sod it so went for peg 10 again, It was lucky for me weds so was hoping for the same slice of luck? One thing I didn't really take into account was the cold north-easterly wind which was running right through the peg when I arrived but we would see as I caught a few silvers here weds when targeting the carp.

Simple today as once you come off the far bank its fairly uniform so made a rig up to fish tight to the bank in 3ft of water as this is an area I could a few skimmers, A rig to fish at the bottom of the far slope in 4ft of water & would use the same rig to fish at 6mts & 10mts to the left.

I started the day feeding a few micros tight to the far bank, Two Balls of G/bait with micro's & dead red maggot added at the bottom of the far shelf, One ball with pinkie's added at 10mts & fed a few maggots by hand at 6mts. I started at 10mts with double pinkee, I had four fish in the first 15mins for around 6oz's! I could already see owner Pete had netted a few fish on the pegs infront the carpark so soon went on the other lines, Nothing over the bottom shelf rig & just one small skimmer across to the bank before carp No.1 was hooked & netted'. For some reason I just couldn't get bites on anything, I new Pete's swim was free from the wind & was already thinking this could be making the difference? After an hour or so their was a commotion behind me & I turned to see polish import Ziggy Slowinski stripping off & taking a dip" I was straight off the box with the camera but the poxy thing was playing up again so didn't quite capture tho moment but it gave me a giggle' I asked John Barker would was around the point from me how he was doing & he admitted to 4lb already" I was struggling to make anything work, Two hours gone & I had around 2lb of bits" so time for a change, I feed a new line at 12mts infront me & fed a ball of chopped worm on it with a few dead reds added & a ball of micro pellets off to my right at 10mts.

After 20mins of trying the original lines it was time to try the worm line first, With a small piece on the hook I had a 1lb plus skimmer then bumped one & couldn't get another bite'. I re-fed a small amount which looking back I wish I hadn't as I couldn't catch over it after, I was thinking of calling it a day when I had a 2lb crucian at the bottom off the far shelf on expander pellet but that turned out to be a flash in the pan, We were over half way through by now & I had Pete down as the easy winner today as every time I had looked up early in the match he appeared to be catching, I kept working around the lines & did start to catch the odd skimmer to 6oz tight to the far bank but would also draw the attention of the carp" Come the end of the day I thought I had between 6-8lb but hadn't really counted as I was concentrating on trying to catch something". Went the scales arrived the top weight was Jeff Sparks with 10lb 5oz, Ziggy weighed 4lb odd & John finished with 6lb odd, I was surprized when my fish went 10lb 11oz but with just Pete left weighing in today I thought the writing was on the wall, When he got his net out it would be closer than we though but it was a bit more as he won the day with 11lb 14oz, Now the ironic thing was tea boy aide was behind him with two minutes to go & told Pete to hurry up & get what he thought was a carp in as he had two minutes left, Was it a carp? Was it F**k" he had only tried to rip the head off a small Tench & netted it! We weighed it after & only small at 1lb 9oz but it was enough for him to knick the win & stop me off the bonus peg which was worth another £59 on the day" We did have a good giggle about it after & I still had the bonus of picking up another £34. A hard day for all of us & even Pete said after he stopped catching once the wind came around the point but it was all close come the end.

Full Results -

 1st Boss Pete" (Summerhayes) peg 38, 11lb 14oz.

2nd Dom Sullivan (Mosella UK) peg 10, 10lb 11oz.

3rd Jeff Sparks (Summerhayes) peg 20, 10lb 5oz.       

No comments:

Post a Comment