Sunday 19 March 2017

Viaduct Fishery (Paul Garrett Memorial Match) Cambell, Lodge & Cary Lakes.

Two bogs to get through this evening so try not to go into detail I don't need to tell you, I stopped off for a sandwich at the Albion Truckstop on route which was kindly given me for free after arranging breakfast at the venue for a few last week for Don's Memorial match, This time the day was in memory of Paul who sadly passed away a few years back now, A good turn out with 45 fishing & I wasn't to worried where I'd draw as now the pellet is allowed again the fish really seemed to have woke up, I was nearer the back of the draw today & found myself on peg 102 of Cary Lake, A few fish were caught in this area on Thursdays cost-cutter match so was confident we could hook a few, Arriving at my peg we found the wind was blowing into us but wouldn't be to much of a problem as long as it didn't pick up, I had more things to worry about when team mate Craig (Trigger) Edmunds turned up next to me on peg 100" This man is catching hoards of fish everywhere he goes & with his knowledge fully expected him to produce the goods yet again! I planned a simple match, Two bomb rods for the open water, I ruled out the waggler with the wind in are chops so just set up two 0.1g hand made floats, One to fish 14mts on 0.17-0.13 & a 16 PR434 Hook the other on 0.17 - 0.15 to fish at 7mts & would use this rig double up fishing down the edge in-front of the empty pallet 103.

I started the day on the bomb & Punched meat at around 20mts whilst pinging a few cubes of meat on the 14mt line, We had only been fishing ten minutes when Trig netted his first carp from his short pole line!" I spent the first45mins chucking around the swim but couldn't find any fish it seemed, After an hour I switched to the long pole line with meat on the hook, I had a bite after 5mins but nothing followed, Trig had managed another carp & a couple of skimmers off his long line but things weren't happening for me at this stage. Back on the bomb with 8mm pellet I began to feed a few hard 6mms as far as I could over the top, Finally I had a proper pull round netting an 8lb fish, Next cast & five minutes later I had another fish around 10lb, Back out again & I had a right beast on" I took my time Finally getting it close to the net, I got it to the surface at one stage & could see it was one of the lakes right munters' A fish pushing 20lb" but with one last kick it lunged & snapped my main line..! F**K IT".

I quickly picked up my other rod which had hair rigged 8mm meat on (Two Bits) chucking it over the same line, I hadn't even started to thread the line back through the other rod when this one nearly took off" Another fish of 10lb plus. Still on the same line I had just finished setting the other rod back up when I was in again, This time as I got it to netting range Trig just happened to comment I was now bagging which caused me to lose concentration & yep' The Fish! That's two I should of had in the net!!

That was the end of my action' I tried a few more area of the peg but couldn't find any on the bomb & to make matters worse Trig Had also switched to the bomb & safely netted a few more decent carp" I would like to say things improved but it just went down hill from here, I Managed a carp on the meat over the long pole line later in the day, Had a decent fish short on the meat followed by a few skimmers & hooked & bumped a fish on the meat off the long pole line, The only indication I had down to the pallet again was from some small skimmers but come the end of the match I really felt I had made some mistakes today as I'm sure the swim was worth a few more fish & I just didn't do it right, Trig put in another master class to finish with 16 carp & 10lb of silvers for 175lb , He caught around 8 fish on the bomb & meat, 4 short on meat & the rest on the long pole with pellet & Talented performance. Back at the results & their were some great weights on the day, Three weights over 200lb to start with but nobody matched Phil Cardwell over on peg 114 of Cambell, Catching on the bomb to start with before catching short on meat & down the edge later in the day so well done mate, Below is Phil Receiving the trophy for Pauls son Josh Garrett.

Well one things for sure I know how to get the better of Trig Next time I'm Next to him? Just take a gun"! Funnily Enough I'm filling in for him on Landsend Fishery Next Sunday for the final round of the league he just so happens to be winning' so best get my kit up to scratch as I wouldn't want to bow it for him!??. Lol. It wasn't just the carp willing to play ball today as Rocky' Had a great net of silvers from peg 70 on lodge lake to finish with 64lb' Another well run match & well done to everyone who participated in his memory.

Full Results -

1st Phil Cardwell (Bait-Tech Viaduct) peg 114 Cambell, 240lb 10oz.

2nd Dave Haywood (Un-attached) peg 59 Lodge, 206lb.

3rd Ryan Shipp (Bristol) peg 78 Cary, 199lb 11oz.

4th Craig Edmunds (Mosella UK) peg 100 Cary, 175lb 11oz.

5th Nick Ewers (Thatchers P.I) peg 112 Cambell, 175lb 10oz.

Silvers -

1st Rocky' (Wiltshire) peg 70 Lodge, 64lb 6oz.

2nd Nick Chedzoy (Thatchers P.I) peg 69 Lodge, 48lb 12oz.
 
 
 
 

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment