Sunday 23 April 2017

Sedges Fishery Guru League (Round 3) Saturday.

Out with the wife after yesterdays match so time to catch up on the last two days, Back to the tile lake of this five match series, Not doing to well in the overall standings but still decent monies on offer to the daily winners so all to play for, Greeted with another nice day ahead weather wise, & close to the front of the draw I found myself on peg 39,
Happy with this as theirs been a few fish caught here in the first couple of rounds so fancied it for a few, End peg 40 has been the hot peg so hoping Mike West wouldn't give me neck ache all day'
The rest of my section consisted of team mate Bobby Gullit on 38,
Jamie (Top of the moaners') Parkhouse on 37 with Comic's Ken Raynor on peg 36 to complete are mini section, The wind wasn't really in are favour pushing at us from the other side of the lake but I still fancied catching a few over to the far island on the bomb or shallow waggler, Paul Holmwood drew this on the first round when I was on 38 & suffered with snagging on the bomb so I decided to chuck right up the side of the island hoping any fish I hooked I could steer over it?
Apart from the rods all I assembled was a rig to fish shallow on the long pole for banded pellet & a meat rig at 5mt in close to 5ft of water were I set up a 4x14 chanti on 0.17-0.16 & a 16 PR478 Hook.

On the all-in I fed around 30 pieces of meat at 5mts as wanted to try & force it a bit on this line & just a couple of cubes off to my left at the same distance & started the day on a small cage feeder with pellets in to the island with paste wrapped around the pellet, I was the first to catch in are section but it wasn't an expected carp just a 1lb plus skimmer, I gave it nearly an hour whilst feeding hard 8mms over the top, Mike Had caught one carp but nobody else had in my section so decided to switch to the wagg with banded 8mm, I soon had a fish around 3lb expecting another straight away but the a bit wise to this' The next one I hooked put me in the snag" but I did eventually have another of 5lb Which I got right up over the snag by standing up as soon as it was hooked but getting a bite was proving hard work, Approaching the third hour I had had one more but wanted to try the pole line encase any better fish were around but 15mins later & no early signs I decided to give the conker' another try, I did hook a fish but it was after I fed & I think it was a fouler snapping my hooklength, Mike had added another fish but Bobby had just a skimmer & a decent eel but he managed to let it slip back" & Jamie & Ken appeared to be struggling, I had been pinging a few 6mm at 14mts but after the others had tried these lines without fish I was back  on the wagg.

It wasn't hectic & was proving hard work to feed & fish the distance with the wind not in are favour & my knuckles were getting well & truly wrapped" but it seemed I was the only one getting the odd carp in the section so stuck at it, With a couple of hours to go I seemed to be stuck on 30lb for ages before I had a better fish out of the blue pushing 8lb which helped to keep ahead of the section, I had kept dump potting meat on the 5mt line at regular intervals as well as feeding the other line lightly so gave them another go & at this stage nobody had caught on it but again it didn't happen.

With around an hour to go mike had netted a couple more carp but had lost a few, Bobby had borrowed a waggler rod off Jamie & caught one carp straight away then nothing & Jamie & ken were still struggling, It was hard work to get any indications on the wagg but I had caught a few late fish on it last match, Bobby was putting his faith in the meat on the short pole & it paid off with a fish nearly 18lb followed by another over 13lb minutes later" I did manage a three late fish to add another 11lb or so on the wagg in the last 30mins but bobby had managed to net a couple more 8lb plus fish so I new on the all-out it would be close between us for the section, When the scales arrived 116lb was winning the match with a 115lb weight on are bank further up the lake, Bobby had estimated on having 55-60lb but I didn't quite think I had that as some of my fish were small, He ended up with 68lb odd to my 61lb so just a decent fish in it for the section but fair play to him for having the faith in the meat line to produce, Well done mate, I fed mine to heavy from the off hence no fish of it but I just wanted to try it positively, lesson learnt Lol, I enjoyed the day & had to work hard to get the odd fish but it paid off in the end as Bobby ended up 3rd on the day meaning I picked up the section pools of £35. Winner on the day again was fishery owner Jamie Cook not on peg 40 this time but opposite on the other end peg 21" This man can draw! with 116lb on his favourite method & pellet wagg.

Back again in a few weeks for the fourth round, Out of it in the overall standings but still winning to fish for on the day which proves worthwhile. Forgot to mention the duck with her chicks, All nineteen of them" that must of been a job sitting on that lot!

Full results -

1st Jamie Cook (The Sedges) peg 21, 115lb 14oz.

2nd Mark Bellringer (The Sedges) peg 35, 114lb 2oz.

3rd Bob Gullit (Mosella UK) peg 38, 69lb 4oz.

4th Lee ( The Sedges) peg 26, 65lb 5oz.

5th Dom Sullivan (Mosella UK) peg 39, 61lb 1oz.

6th Tom Magnul (Mosella UK) peg 29, 55lb 13oz.

Silvers -

1st Vic Bush (Mosella UK) peg 34, 17lb 11oz.

             

No comments:

Post a Comment