Saturday 8 April 2017

 Sedges Fishery (Guru Series) Round 2, Tile Lake.

Back for the second round of this twenty peg series of six matches with the worst result dropped, I didn't have the best of starts even though I was sixth on the day I had three of the top anglers in the main frame in my section so was hoping for a better second round' I stopped off for a bacon sarnie on route & arrived in plenty of time, I had a wander around before the start & it appeared their were a few fish present in a few areas with plenty of bubbles' Close to the front of the draw I ended up on peg 30 which was the top end of the lake in the far corner between the canal lake, Being a corner peg I had no island chuck today but Dave White had won the section in first round fishing the long pole to the end bank & with the wind blowing at us I did fancy catching a few their.

I had a rig to fish close to the stick-ups in 3ft or so of water on 0.17-0.15 & an 16 PR478 Hook, Had a rig to fish meat in the deep water on my top-kit plus two sections & apart from this I had a rig set up to fish shallow with banded pellet, The normal straight lead & a pellet waggler. I had Tom Magnal next to me on peg 29 who did have an island chuck & I new he would also fish the method off his peg. I started by feeding a good amount of hard 4mm's at 13mts to the end bank & a few hard 6mm's at 16mts, By the time I had done this Dave Romaine opposite me of peg 31 was already playing a carp on the shallow wag chucking towards the rope in the middle of the lake, The first problem I had as I couldn't chuck as far this side of it as the breeze was coming across into are bank, I had a tree overhanging at around 30mts so started here hoping for some early fish. Nope" I did miss four bites' but before I new it an hour had passed & I was yet to catch, Tom had a couple of fish on the wagg to the island but had switched to the method & had netted a couple more, Dave opposite had netted a few but I just couldn't get it to happen.

It was time to try the pole down to the end bank, I went in at 16mts with banded 8mm pellet, Nothing.. onto the 13mt line, One skimmer just over a 1lb, not what I was hoping, I had been feeding meat lightly on the short pole line & decided to have a look, Well that was until I realised the meat I had been feeding was floating' I got it out the freezer yesterday being lazy but now I couldn't use it" Whoops. I had another go on the wagg where I had been pinging 8mms but couldn't get a bite, With nearly two hours gone things weren't looking good, I decided to try the bomb over the wagg line with a 6mm wafter on the hook, I just happened to look away after 5mins as the rod flew round but it was to late & snapped my 7lb hook-length" Next chuck I had to wait ten minutes but it went again this time I netted a near 10lb fish, At Last". I had a smaller 3lb fish before it went quite, A look on the pole again only produced another skimmer so I decided to try the wagg again I thought I had sussed it & they had turned up after catching two on the trot but then couldn't get a bite.

Dave had switched to fishing the pole & was sacking catching shallow but I tried & failed with this aswell' I was struggling to get anything & with just a couple of hours to go Had nearly given up hope before I started to get the odd indication on the pellet wagg again, I managed the odd fish but going into the last hour I had a run of five fish in as many casts before they disappeared again, I tried the bomb back over the same line but nothing & another try on the long pole down the end bank gave me a skimmer over 2lb which came off'.

The last 20mins were hard as I missed just one bite, I had Tom down as are section winner for close to a 100lb &, Mark Wynn was first to weigh & finished with 85lb odd, Dave white had 41lb, Dave Cocaine didn't weight, Tom finished with 98lb & Surprisingly I ended up with 77lb odd so wasn't far away come the end after all, I'm sure I would off nicked a few more if I could of cast a bit further towards the rope but was really surprized I didn't catch to the end bank on the pole, There was a bit of an algae bloom down my edge for most of the day so don't know if this had made a difference? Back at the results & Dave had emptied it breaking the lake record with 311lb odd" A back braking days fishing so fair play mate & well done, The weights dropped off from this though as fishery owner Jamie Cook was second on the day with 102lb from end peg 40, The same draw he had in the first round" Jammy Git Lol, Another mistake I made today was to fish in my shorts for the first time this year, Because of the breeze I hadn't noticed just how hot it was, Trust me my now glowing knee caps tell the story!

Forgot the camera today so unfortunately couldn't get a pick of Dave or of my swim ect,

Full Results -

 1st Dave Romine (Frenzee) peg 31, 311lb 15oz.

2nd Jamie Cook (Sedges) peg 40, 102lb 7oz.

3rd Tom Magnel (Mosella UK) peg 29, 98lb 11oz.

4th Martin Bellringer (Sedges) peg 33, 96lb 10oz.

5th Mark Wynne (Colmic) peg 26, 85lb 2oz.

6th Dom Sullivan (Mosella UK) peg 30, 77lb 7oz.

Silvers -

 1st Bob Gullick (Mosella UK) peg 25, 10lb 8oz. 




 

 

           

No comments:

Post a Comment